>Things looked good with building the priority queue for handling web service requests, and I originally implemented it with a plan to provide support for callbacks. Today I decided to use them, but felt things might get too sloppy with everything just being controlled by a Hashref of options/values.
Changed the system to use a WebServiceRequest object instead so I could control what was being passed in while leveraging some of Mooses type checking and coercions. Lovely and simple. Cleans up quite a bit of the handling code. I love it.
I searched through the codebase and found four places where we were using inline UA calls that were blocking. This of course is not a good thing within an event based system (POE in this case), so I’m currently refactoring those to take advantage of the priority queue WebClient module. I’ve finished refactoring two of those, tested and working. Woot. Two more to go.